Want brighter, bolder and bigger eyes every day? Using a Mascara comes first to our senses! But what kind of mascara can give us that bold and voluminous lashes in just one stroke and how to prepare our natural eyelashes for the perfect day. Mascara is a key component to making your eyes stand out. Even if you don’t wear a lot of eyeshadow, adding mascara will bring depth to your eyes. On the other hand, if you don’t know the correct way to apply Mascara it will draw attention to all the clumps in your lashes from too much product. However, knowing how to utilise mascara is just a matter of practice and some great tips.
How to prepare your eyelashes better for a flawless look –
For this to work, you need to prepare a mixture, the ingredients are as follows-
2 tsp of aloe vera gel+ 2 tsp of castor oil+ 2 capsules of vitamin E, mix them well. Apply this mix with the help of a mascara wand every night before going to bed and wake up with long, repaired and flawless lashes every morning. You can store this mixture in a glass jar for about 2-4 weeks in a refrigerator.
What to choose and how?
With so many options in the market, finding the right one for you can be confusing. Here are some things to keep in mind when you purchase your Mascara.
Waterproof: These mascaras are great for people who plan or need to wear it all day. It works wonders if you’re going to be in the sun or sweating. Also, it helps to maintain any curl you put in your lashes. However, it is harder to remove than conventional mascara so makes sure you have a good remover specially formulated for removing waterproof make up.
Colour: If you are a beginner, buying a black Mascara would be a must for you. Black Mascara opens the eyes and gives the lashes a fuller effect. Black mascara will give you the best outcome for a set of full, thick lashes that everyone will envy. However, if you have very light hair and skin you may find that extremely black mascara can be too overpowering. Try using a brown/black mascara to not overwhelm your look.
Formula: If you want longer lashes to go for a good lengthening mascara, fuller lashes need volume and some mascaras promise to do both.
Tips for Applying Mascara:
- Don’t pump the wand in and out of the bottle. This pushes air into the tube which will make the mascara dry out faster-causing clumping and flaking. Instead, gently twist it back and forth or in circular motions to pick up the desired amount of product.
- While curling your lashes, begin at the root of the lashes being careful not to get any skin into the eyelash curler. Press the curler together and hold for about 10 sec and move the curler out to the end of your lashes.
- To apply your mascara, lookup, place the wand at the base of your upper lashes and wiggle it back and forth coating the base of lashes. Apply additional coats of mascara until you get the thickness and the glimpse you want, taking care not to let the product dry in between coats.
- Hold the wand vertically to hit tiny bottom lashes.
- For mega high impact lashes, coat both the sides of your lashes. After applying mascara underneath your lashes, go back in with the brush and slowly move it over the top of your lashes from roots to tips.
Mascara is my personal favourite, After all, there’s a reason mascara is considered a classic make up staple. Enjoy the wow eyes.